This is my Persian inspired lunch I made for my family here in Zürich to say good by.
It was such a happy occasion and so nice to be able to get everybody together!
• as a first I made a big Sabzy, with all fresh herbs, fennel, radishes, feta, preserved hot, baby chillies
• we stood around nibbling the Sabzy and drinking chilled rosé
• here some accompaniment dishes
• Maast o Khiar, a yogurt, cucumber, golden raisins, walnut and mint dish
• the Aubergine Ku Ku
• the Sabzy Ku Ku
• a delicious tomato salad with pomegranate molasses, sumac, Spanish onions and long peppers
• as ‘piece de resistance’ I made a Polow with lentils and aubergines, it looked spectacular
• here is the table, the roses had such a strong perfume, very Persian indeed!
• as dessert I made a Persian love cake, served with fresh, mixed berries
Ciau carissimi, until next year, I will miss you all so so much!