Tilba has been a real paradise. Everything is green, the dams and creeks full, in the garden there are flowers everywhere and the growth on the trees is astonishing.
My ‘orto’ is in full production, herbs and tomatoes being the stars at the moment.
I have made Michele’s favourite salad for lunch to day. A real explosion of flavours and textures.
• soak some canelli beans over night
• boil them in plenty of water
• adding a garlic clove, fresh sage and 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• skim off any froth, while boiling
• once they are just tender, turn off heat and add salt
• let the beans cool in their liquid
• drain off the water and discard the garlic and sage
• dress with olive oil and pepper
• brake off some fresh herbs, basilico, oregano, tarragon, parsley
• whatever you have growing
• I have this sweet fennel I love to add as well
• cut some very ripe tomatoes in four
• dice an avocado
• I like to put all the ingredients in separate dishes and let everybody assemble their own dish at the table
• buon appetito !!!