Spring is truly here and the vegetables and herbs at the markets are at their peek!
This beautiful vibrant green salad is a wonderful side dish to fish, meat or eggs. You could also have it as a light, healthy lunch by itself.
I found some fresh peas at the market and Clementine helped me shell them. It is really worth the extra effort of shelling fresh peas, the flavour is so superior, they are the stars to this dish!
It is hard to give quantities for this dish, all depends for how many people you want to prepare it, just use your own jugement.
• fresh baby beans
• fresh peas
• some baby spinach and baby ruggola
• a bunch of Italian parsley
• a few sprigs of dill
• some fresh mint leaves
• a few sprigs of fresh coriander
• some fresh leaves of red sorrel
• 1 tablespoon Nigella seeds
• in plenty of salted water, cook the beans and peas until just cooked
• drain them and refresh them under cold water to stop the cooking
• roughly chop all the herbs
• leave the sorrel leaves whole
• prepare the dressing:
• juice of one lemon
• about 1/2 cup of very good virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon Dijion mustard
• salt and pepper
• put all the dressing ingredients into a glass jar with lid and shake well
• pour over the salad and mix through
• sprinkle the nigella seeds on the salad