This morning I had a quick look at the Bermagui fish market.
A fishing boat had just come in and this was part of it’s catch:
• there was such an interesting variety of of unusual sea creatures!
• here a trumpet fish
• there was a whole tub of little saw sharks
• I love their flesh, so sweet, firm and white
• these beautiful calamari looked just too good to pass over
• flatheads though was the fishermen’s biggest catch
• they are such a delicate tasting fish, I really love them
• at the market here they prepare them so beautiful, without bones and skin
• this beautiful shell fish gets sent straight to Sydney markets and sold as a delicacy
• we are so lucky to have the beautiful Bermagui harbour with its fishing fleet and especially have the market, always so interesting to see what the catch of the day is!