I am in Zurich and it is that time of the year again. My whole family is coming over for lunch. There is 25 of us! The weather has been very crazy, so I have put the broom in the tree to try and keep the rain away. And it has worked!! We had the most beautiful afternoon with sunshine and heat. I decided to make a ‘Pollo cappriccioso’.
• slice carrots, celery and fennel very thinly
• dress the vegetables with oil and lemon
• put them on a bed of radicchio or ice berg lettuce
• slice red, yellow and green peperoni and add them to the vegetables
• marinate some organic chicken breasts in olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, rosemary and chilli
• grill the breasts and finish them in the oven for 15 minutes
• let them cool, then slice them thickly and arrange on top of the peperoni
• salt and pepper
• toast some sliced chilli, almond slithers or pine nuts
• finely chop some ruggola and sprinkle these as a last garnish
• as a side dish, I made a rice and lentil salad with chopped ruggola
• the potato salad I dressed with red wine vinegar, anchovies and olive oil
• then sliced gherkins and chopped fresh dill, tarragon and chives
the sweetness of the young potatoes and the sharpness of the dressing worked really well
My sister Ursula made a delicious bean salad and Eva a green salad. I also made a mayonnaise to go with the ‘Pollo cappriccioso”
This is the table!
Ada made a most delicious raspberry and white chocolate sponge cake, that looked nearly as pretty as her!