I love the smokiness of the aubergines in this dish.
If you have a gas stove, lay 4 large aubergines straight on the flame and slowly rotate them until the skin is burned. Then put them in a preheated oven 180˚ for about 30 minutes, they should be very soft and cooked through.
• remove the skin and scoop out the flesh
• leave the aubergine in a colander for a few hours, to get rid of most of the water
• crush 2 cloves of garlic
• salt and pepper
• some fresh mint and Italian parsley, chopped
• juice and pith of half an organic lemon
• 2 tablespoons virgen olive oil
• mix everything together
• before serving, scatter some pomegranate seeds over the aubergines