What I particularly love about this dish , is the crunchiness of the crumbed artichoke hearts and the sweetness of the broad beans, to me a combination made in heaven!!!
I went with my friend Nazy to an Iranian grocery store and found some beautiful frozen artichoke hearts. It is therefore so easy to make this dish, as you do not have to peel and prepare the hearts!
If you are not so lucky, just buy some young artichokes and prepare them.
I served the artichokes as a first course so calculated 2-3 artichokes per person.
• pre heat the oven 180˚
• 4 -6 artichokes
• 200 gr broad beans, shelled and skin removed
• 1 organic egg
• 40 gr sourdough breadcrumbs
• a small bunch of fresh oregano, mint, Italian parsley and chives
• salt and pepper
• 1 organic lemon
• beat the egg in a bowl
• drop the hearts into the egg and mix well
• now coat the artichokes with the bread crumbs
• in a small fry pan heat some butter and olive oil and brown the hearts all over
• arrange them on an oven trey
• drop a very small piece of butter into the center of the choke
• put them in the oven for 10 minutes to finish
• cook the broad beans in some salted water just for 2 minutes, drain
• finely chop all the herbs
• grate some lemon pith
• add salt and pepper
• mix with the broad beans
• roughly chop the broad beans
• add some olive oil and mix all well together
• take the artichoke hearts from the oven
• arrange them on a serving plate
• spoon the broad bean mixture into the hearts
• taste for seasoning
• squeeze some lemon juice over the beans and serve