The broad beans are starting in my ‘orto’, so I am trying out all sorts of ways to eat them.
This dish was inspired by Ottolenghi, i simplified it a little and it really tasted fantastic!
I love the sweetness and texture of the broad beans with the smoothness of the avocado purée.
• double peel the fresh broad-beans or use frozen ones
• quickly boil them in some water ( 2 minutes)
• drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking
• dress them with olive oil
• salt and pepper
• grated organic lemon peel
• freshly chopped Italian parsley, mint and chives
• put 2-3 avocados through a potato ricer
• add salt, pepper and juice of 1/2 a lemon
• a pinch of chilli
• spread the avocado dip onto a serving plate
• arrange the broad beans on top
• I served it with freshly baked naan bread ( sourdough bread will do)