I love buttermilk pudding. It is a light, slightly acidic tasting dessert and I am sure it will become one of your favourites too.
For 6-8 people
• 5oo ml buttermilk
• 250 ml pure cream
• 150 gr caster sugar
• 1 vanilla bean, sliced lengthwise
• 6 Bio gelatin sheets
• a pinch of salt
• put the gelatin sheets in cold water until they become soft
• in a sauce pan heat the cream
• add the sugar, salt and the vanilla bean
• stir until the sugar has devolved
• scrape the inside of the vanilla bean with a knife, to release all the little black seeds
• squeeze out all the water from the gelatin sheets
• melt the gelatin in the hot liquid
• fold the buttermilk through
• pour into a mold or individual molds and refrigerate for about 4 hours or better even, over night
I served some sour cherries with the buttermilk pudding
With this large jelly mold, I served fresh blueberries.
You can use any fresh or stewed fruit.