It has been so cold here in Sydney! This calls for a nice, heartwarming soup.
I love this cauliflower soup. It is a soup my Mamma used to do often during the cold winter months in Zürich.
I like to make a big pot of it and eat the soup over a few days.
• 2 young cauliflowers
• 4 leeks, sliced
• 1 bunch of Italian parsley
• 50 gr unsalted butter
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 1/2 litres of very good vegetable- or chicken stock
• 100 ml pure cream ( optional)
• salt and pepper
• 200 gr freshly grated parmiggiano
• brake the cauliflower into little florets
• melt the butter and oil
• on low heat gently cook the leeks until sweet ( about 15 minutes)
• add the cauliflower and let it brown ever so lightly
• add the stock and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender
• purée the soup
• add about 80 gr of the parmiggiano
• chop the parsley very fine and mix it into the soup
• add some freshly ground pepper and taste
• to serve put a little cream in every soup bowl
• serve the rest of the parmiggiano on the side