‘Cotto’ is what my grandchildren call these biscuits.
They are super healthy, crunchy and delicious.
This is a different version from my ‘Grüsch Guezli’ from a previous blog post.
• pre heat oven to 190˚
• 250 gr unsalted butter at room temperature
• 110 gr coconut sugar
• 180 gr organic wholemeal spelt flour
• 100 gr organic,activated buckwheat kernels
• 100 gr organic,ground almonds
• a pinch of salt
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or cardamon
• mix all the dry ingredients together
• add the butter and process in your mixer until the mixture looks like bread crumbs
• line an oven tray of about 25cm x 40cm with greaseproof paper
• spread the biscuit mixture over the paper
• press down evenly with your rolling pin
• or if you have a little helper like Clementine, my granddaughter, press with your fingers
• bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown
• remove the tin from the oven
• with a sharp knife, cut squares into the still hot biscuit dough
• let it cool completely
• brake the biscuits up and store in a airtight jar