We have a Easter tradition in our family, and that is the preparation and cooking oft the 8 hour lamb. No Easter for us is complete without it!!! For the whole afternoon, the delicious smell of very slow roasting lamb fills the house.
• the lamb, all dressed up, ready to go into the oven!
• I raided my vegetable garden for these very ripe and sweet tomatoes
• slow cook them in the oven, with
• sliced Spanish onions
• the fennel also was at its peak
• grill it and dressed it with olive oil and salt
• I also roasted some potatoes with rosemary and salt
• for the lamb I made a ‘salsa verde’
• I love the strong, salty flavor that the anchovies give this sauce
Another tradition is a Russian Easter cake called ‘Pashkah’.
It is beautifully light and full of flavor.
• I used ricotta
• mascarpone • cream cheese
• beat the egg yolks
• brown sugar
• lemon and orange peel
• toasted almonds
• beaten egg whites and mix through the mixture
• I lined a dish wit muslin
• put the ‘Pashkah’ mixture in it
• then weighted it down and left it in the fridge over night
• with the grandchildren we decorated the ‘Pashkah’ with little chickens
Buona Pasqua a tutti!!!