These little ‘parcels’ made with culatello are just so so delicious!
Culatello is the ‘Rolls Royce’ part of the prosciutto. It is a very flavoursome cut, sweet and so moist.
If you can not find culatello, you can use a very good prosciutto like San Daniele or Parma.
I like to serve the ‘fagottini’ with drinks or even as a first course or part of an antipasto.
• 120 gr culatello, sliced very thin
• 150 gr Taleggio cheese or you can use Robiola or Fontina
• a handful of wild ruggola leaves
• freshly ground pepper
• cut a slice of culatello in half
• cut the cheese in little squares
• place a few leaves of ruggola and
• a square of cheese in the center of the culatello
• gently pull the outside of the slice together and make a little parcel
• continue until you have used up every thing
• and here they are
Of course you can leave the prosciutto slice whole, this would make the parcels a little bigger, which would be perfect if served as a entrée or part of an antipasto.