This recipe is for you Birri!
I made this dish for lunch the other day and it was a great success. What I love about this dish is the sweetness of the leaks and broad beans combined with the soft eggs. It is a total meal in its self. I just added a green salad.
This recipe is for 6 people.
• in a little butter and olive oil, sauté:
• 3 leeks, sliced finely
• cook gentle for about 10 minutes, until the leeks are translucent and sweet
• add 2 big handful of baby spinach
• 1 kg of shelled broad beans
• cook for a few minutes, then add
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
• 1/2 a bunch of chopped dill
• 1/2 a bunch of chopped Italian parsley
• 1/4 bunch of fresh chopped coriander
• break the eggs on top of the beans, calculating 2 eggs per person
• salt and pepper
• cook very gently, until the white of the eggs starts to firm
I put a lid on the fry pan, to speed up this process