Often the simplest things are the best! I think this goes for the’ frittata’. It is a very versatile dish, it can be served as part of an antipasto, or as a main, accompanied by a nice salad and some crunchy bread. Use your imagination and change it every time you make it. All you need is eggs and any of your favorite vegetables or herbs.
I am making a zucchini plus their flowers ‘frittata’.
• calculate 2 eggs per person
• in a little butter and oil fry
• 1 Spanish onion, finely sliced
• 3-4 zucchini and their flowers, sliced
• in a bowl, beat the eggs with
• half a cup of grated Parmigiano
• salt and pepper
• then add the lightly fried vegetables
• melt a little more butter in a non stick fry pan
• add the egg mixture.
• cook on medium heat, until you see the’ frittata’ begin to harden on the sides
• turn the grill in your oven on medium
• finish the ‘frittata’ in the oven, until it turns golden brown
• if your fry pan has a wooden handle, protect it by wrapping it in alfoil
• I always like to let the ‘frittata’ cool down to room temperature, before serving.
some suggestions , using different vegetables.
• try cooked and sliced potatoes
• thinly sliced artichokes
• mixed herbs
• mushrooms and onions and so on