This morning at 1:15am, my little granddaughter Clementine was born! We are all ecstatic with joy. Welcome my little darling!! With all the excitement I totally forgot about lunch. What could I prepare really fast, with what I had in the fridge and vegetable garden?
The ‘cavolo nero’ looked great and ready to be picked, as did the Italian parsley.
Eggs I always have in the fridge and there was some ‘Parmigiano’, which I grated.
• in a little butter and olive oil
• fry a chopped Spanish onion
• chopped ‘cavolo nero’ and parsley
• mix the vegetables with the slightly beaten egg mixture
• cook the ‘frittata’ on the stove, until it started to become firm at the sides
• then put it in the oven under the grill until it turned this beautiful golden color
I think ‘frittate’ are such a quick and easy meal. Use your imagination and use different vegetables to make your own creation.