I could not resist these beautiful baby shrimps and calamari at the market this morning.
It is rare to find the calamari so little.
• in Italian they are call ‘ moscardini’
• they do not need to be cleaned, just remove the transparent ‘bone’ from the sack
• I cooked them in butter and olive oil
• a clove of garlic
• 1 chilli, some seeds removed, chopped
• they have to be cooked for about 15 minutes on high heat
• when they start to ‘jump out the pan’ they are ready
• the moscardini should be crisp at the edges
• add salt and pepper
• I served a raw cabbage salad with
• radicchio and fennel
• made a lemon and olive oil dressing
• added some chopped Italian parsley
• this is such a quick and delicious lunch!!