Yesterday my sister in law Clare and two of her beautiful children came to visit us from Melbourne.
William, her oldest son, is competing in a triathlon here in Sydney. My nephew Lucio, also a great sports man, was here as well.
They came for afternoon tea so I made some cakes and biscuits, as I understand that before such a big and demanding race the athletes have to stock up on carbs.
Good luck today William!!!
As Nick was here as well and he is gluten intolerant, I made a variation of my ” Crown cake’, and it worked really well.
• preheat oven 180˚
• 200 gr unsalted butter
• 200 gr rapadura sugar
• 2 organic eggs
• 150 gr coarse polenta
• 150 gr ground almonds
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cardamon
• zest of one orange
• 100 gr plane yogurt
• beat butter and sugar until light and ‘fluffy’
• fold in the rest of the ingredients
• butter a ‘ Gugelhopf’ mold
• pour in the mixture
• bake for about 30 -40 minutes
• or until inserting a knife, it comes out clean
• let it cool, before taking out of the mold
This recipe is for you Grace!