I love these little gem lettuces filled with hummus, walnuts and pomegranate seeds.
It really gives you an explosion of taste and texture.
Try them as a first course or even as a lunch dish.
• make some hummus with
• 2 cups of cooked chick peas
• 3 tablespoons of tahini
• juice of a lemon
• 1 garlic clove, salt and pepper
• half a bunch of Italian parsley
• add about 1/2 cup of very hot water
• put everything in your magi mix and wiz
• the hummus should be thick and creamy
• 3 gem lettuces
• 150 gr walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
• 1 fresh pomegranate, seeds removed
• 1 bunch of Italian parsley and chives, chopped
• arrange the leaves of the gem lettuce on a serving plate
• add a tablespoon of hummus in the middle of each leaf
• then top with walnuts, pomegranate seeds and herbs
• grind some pepper and add a little salt flakes
• I like to eat these with my hands