Lulu, this recipe is for you!
I have tried a different combination with the Lima beans.
This time I mixed them with cavolo nero and purple kale, a great combination also visually!!!
• soak about 300 gr lima beans over night in water and 2 teaspoon bi carb of soda
• the next day, boil them in plenty of water until just tender, drain
• 1 Spanish onion, diced
• 2 cloves of garlic, dices
• a piece of fresh turmeric, grates
• 1-2 chillies, some seeds removed, thinly sliced
• in a little butter and oil cook all the above ingredients for a few minutes
• chop the cavolo nero, kale and parsley
• add them to the onion mix
• cook for about 15 minutes on gentle heat, stirring from time to time
• in a separat frypan, melt some butter and olive oil
• add 1-2 teaspoons ground cumin
• gently fry the beans until they lightly colour
• mix the beans in with the vegetables
• taste for salt and pepper
• drizzle a little very good olive oil over the vegetables and beans and serve
This is delicious dish served on its own or as side to some grilled lamb cutlets or fish.