Whenever I am in hurry but want something delicious to eat, I tend to come back to this pasta dish again and again.
It is so quickly prepared, the time it takes to boil the pasta!
My version is a little different from the traditional chili, oil and garlic, I think it tastes even better, you be the judge!!
for 4-5 people
• 500 gr linguine or spaghetti
• 50 gr unsalted butter
• 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
• 1 chili finely chopped
• 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
• 6-8 anchovies
• 6-8 fresh sage leaves
• 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
• boil the pasta in plenty of salted water until ‘al dente’
• in the meantime, melt the butter and oil in a large fry pan
• gently cook the anchovies and chili
• add the sage leaves and bread crumbs and toss well
• let the mixture turn golden brown
• as a last ingredient add the garlic ( you do not want it to burn)
• drain the pasta, (reserve 1/2 cup of the water in a glass)
• add the drained pasta to the breadcrumbs mixture and toss around
• if it seems too dry, add a little of the reserved water
• pour the pasta into a warmed serving dish
• now add about 4 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
• taste for salt and serve immediately