This recipe is one of my grandfather Ettore’s war time invention.
You would like to make a paté but no livers, and this is the case for us at the moment. He made it with tinned tuna.
It is a fantastic paté to have in the fridge for any occasion.
To make the paté go further he used to add a boiled potato.
• 2 x 425 g tinned tuna
• 1 large Spanish onion diced
• 2 cloves garlic
• fresh sage and rosemary
• 10 filets of anchovies
• 200 g butter cut into chunks
• small glass of oloroso sherry or sweet wine
• 1 boiled potato, optional
• gently fry the onion in a little butter and olive oil
• add the the fresh herbs, garlic and anchovies
• after a few minutes pour in the sherry
• let it evaporate
• add the butter and let it just melt
• put the drained tuna into your magi mix with the onion mix
• at this point you can add the boiled potato if you are using it
• mix for a few minutes until it becomes smooth and pale in colour
• taste and adjust pepper and salt to taste
• pour into a paté dish and refrigerate