I have my friends, all super cooks, coming for lunch today. After all the things that have been happening, bushfires, floods, winds I think we need to have a little bit of fun.
Today is very hot and humid, so I decided to make a nice antipasto.
• a bought some prosciutto San Daniele
• roasted some yellow and red capsicums over the flame
• peeled them, then seasoned them with garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and basilico
• at the market I found this beautiful buffalo mozzarella and amazing tomatoes
• I made a bed of ruggola then placed the mozarella and tomatoes on top
• seasoned with salt, pepper and olive oil
• these anchovies are the Spanish ‘Oritz’, expensive but so worth wile
• I made a radicchio and baby spinach salad, I love the bitterness of the radicchio
• some grissini and lunch is ready
• for dessert I made a semifreddo of caolato
• for details on how to make it, type in on my website ‘caolato’ for the recipe
• then just freeze it for 2 hours