Clementine and I decided to make some Madeleines. ( or rather she convinced me there was a big necessity to bake!)
Madeleines are super light, spongy biscuits, it feels like you are biting into a cloud.
They are super easy and quick to make.
We added some finely grated lemon rind to give them that extra flavour.
• for 24 Madeleines preheat the oven to 200 ˚
• 125 gr unsalted butter, melted
• 125 gr caster sugar
• 3 organic eggs
• 150 gr plain flour, sifted two times
• 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• grated zest of 1 organic lemon
• a pinch of salt
• beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy
• add the sifted flour, baking powder and salt to the egg mixture
• mix gently for a minute
• now add the butter in a steady stream to the gently beating mixer
• leave the mixture in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes
• in the meantime butter the moulds and dust with a little flour
• put 1 tablespoon of mixture into the moulds
• bake for 6 minutes or until they puff up and are golden
• let them cool on a baking rack
• dust them lightly with some powder sugar