The other day I had dinner at Sean’s Panorama in Bondi.
It was delicious and inspiring , as usual, Bravo Sean!!
For dessert I had this amazing mango tart, I had to try it at home.
I have adapted the recipe and changed it a bit.
• for a 38 cm pie form
• 250 gr plain, unbleached flour
• 180 gr unsalted butter
• 100 gr castor sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon cold water
• 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
• grated lemon peel from an organic lemon
• in your mixer just quickly beat all the ingredients together
• do not over beat
• roll out the pastry on a floured surface
• butter your pie form
• lay the pastry in your form, letting it hang a little over the rim
• stab little wholes into the pastry with a fork
• refrigerate for about 30 minutes
• turn oven to 200˚
• spread some pie weights onto the bottom of the form
• blind bake the pastry for about 20 min
• remove the weights and let the pastry go golden for another 10 minutes
• make the cream by
• beating 2 egg yolks with
• 50 gr castor sugar, until light and fluffy
• fold in 400 gr mascarpone
• 80 ml Nocino liquor
• beat the egg whites and fold them through
• when the pastry has totally cooled down, spread the cream over the base
• cut about 4 mangoes into thin slices
• spread on top of cream
• serve as soon as possible, as the pastry will be beautifully crunchy
Thank you Sean for this inspiration.