Yesterday was Michele’s birthday and I wanted to prepare him something very special. I decided to do a Persian dinner. We stared off the evening with lots of little dishes served with drinks.
• ‘Borani-ye esfenaj’, a spinach,golden raisins and yogurt dish
• ‘Borani badenjan’, aubergine, walnut and yogurt
• ‘Sabzi’, lots of fresh herbs with Persian feta • ‘ Naan Barberi’ a delicious flat bread • olive, pecan, pistachio and pomegranate salad
• pecan, pistachio, olive and pomegranate salad
• dressed with lemon juice, olive oil, pomegranate molasses
• here the ‘Sabzi’ which became very much the favolite
• as a main I prepared a jeweled rice
• here some of the ingredients for the rice
• I grilled some baby lamb cutlets with sumac
• little Persian cupcakes for the grand children
• for dessert I made
• Persian Love Cake with
• cardamon ice cream
Happy birthday Michele!!!!