Bring back the ‘mousse au chocolat’!!
It is not just because I am Swiss and have to have my regular dose of chocolate, but I think the mousse has been forgotten a little bit.
It is such a delicious and luxurious ending to a meal. The one I make is not too sweet and you only need a little bit. The most important thing is a good quality chocolate.
I like to use the Lindt dark chocolate 70 % cacao butter.
This recipes is better made the day before, as the flavour of the chocolate intensifies.
• serves 4-5 people
• 120 gr dark 70 % chocolate
• 50 gr unsalted butter
• 4 organic eggs, separated
• melt the butter and chocolate ( without stirring) in a bain marie
• once soft and runny, beat in the egg yolks
• beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt, until stiff
• fold in the chocolate mixture
• pour the mousse into individual little pots
• refrigerate until needed
• you can sift a little pure cacao over the mousse
• serve with some pure cream