Here is a dessert idea for new years eve. It is a pomegranate jelly. You can buy very good pure pomegranate juice at the supermarket.
• gelatin sheets soften in cold water
• boil about 1/2 a cup of water with
• 3 table spoons of sugar, when the sugar has dissolved
• squeeze out the water from the gelatin sheets and add them to the sugar water
• stir in 1 liter of pomegranate juice with the rest
• pour into a jelly mold
• refrigerate overnight if possible
I have decorated this jelly with eatable gold leaf and berries, to make it look festive.