This recipe is for you Rosanna!
My very favourite Easter dessert is Pashka, a Russian Easter cake,. It’s not really a cake as there is no cooking involved. This year, for the first time, I have used finger limes. The tiny ‘pearls’ pop in your mouth as you take a mouthful of this creamy soft desert.
Pashka has to rest in the fridge for 24 hours, so make it now.
• 500 gr ricotta
• 250 gr cream cheese
• 120 gr unsalted butter at room temperature
• 200 ml full cream, whipped
• 3 organic eggs, separated
• 100 gr brown sugar
• crated skin of 2 organic lemons
• 1/2 cup currants, soaked in a little lemon juice
• 1/2 cup almond slithers and 1/2 pistachio, toasted
• 4 finger limes, just the little ‘pearls’
• beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
• add one egg yolk at the time
• mix through the rest of the ingredients until all is well amalgamated
• beat the egg whites until stiff and pull through the Pashka mixture
• cover a colander with a muslin cloth
• pour the mixture into it and weight down with a plate
• leave in refrigerator over night
• the next day turn the Pashka onto a serving plate
• decorate to your heart’s desire