This dessert is one of my favorite.
It is quite easy to prepare and your guests will always be delighted, when you put the steaming souflés on the table.
• to make 8-10 small souflés:
• preheat the oven to 180˙
• 16 passion fruits
• 8 egg whites ( 1 egg whites weighs about 30 g)
• 1 cup caster sugar
• 1/2 cup of water
• cut the passion fruits in half
• scoop out the pulp
• push the pulp through a sieve
• add 2 tablespoons of the seeds back into the pulp
• boil the sugar and water gently for about 10 minutes
• the syrup should form a little ball when dropped in iced water
• add the pulp to the syrup
• boil gently for about 20 minutes
• the consistency should be that of jam
• beat the egg whites until stiff
• now gently pour the boiling passion fruit into the egg whites
• continue beating until all is well amalgamated
• butter your oven proof ramekins
• spoon the souflé mixture into them
• at this point you can put the souflés into the fridge, until ready to be baked
• bake them in preheated oven for 12 minutes
• serve them immediately
• the souflés should be golden in color and all puffed up
• I like to serve them with pure cream
This recipe is for my friend Felix from ‘ Bei Amici Restaurant’, who today joined my Blog.
Thank you Felix, it means a lot to me!