‘Smoked eel paté ‘is one of my very favorite patés. I love to serve it with aperitivi.
It’s smoky rich flavor is very addictive!
You can find whole, smoked eels at the fish market, they are usually sold in cry-vac packages.
• 1 whole smoked eel, about 500 gr
• 150 gr unsalted butter at room temperature
• juice and rind of 1 organic lemon
• 1/2 small Spanish onion, sliced
• 1 chili, some seeds removed
• small bunch of Italian parsley
• salt and pepper
• skin the eel
• remove the flesh from the spine, by sliding your finger along it
• make sure you discard all the small bones
• in your mixer mix all the ingredients above, except for the butter
• when you get a roughish paste, add the butter
• continue mixing, until you will have a smooth paté
• it will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks ( if you can resist the paté!)
• serve on small, toasted sourdough bread slices or crackers