Recently I was in Kashan doing research for my Persia book and I tried this delicious omlette at the Amireh Hotel.
It is super light with the vegetables sitting on top rather than inside. It looks great, you can really taste the vegetables and it is made in five minutes.
You can use any vegetables you like so you can experiment with lots of variations.
This is what I made for my lunch.
• calculate 2 eggs per person
• beat the eggs with a fork in a bowl
• add salt and pepper to taste
• in a little butter and oil, gently fry your vegetables for a few minutes
• I used spring onions, chopped
• 1 garlic clove, sliced
• a bunch of broccolini, only the tender bits of the vegetable
• some Italian parsley, chopped
• pour the eggs around the rim of the pan
• let the omlette gently cook
• put the lid on the pan and let the center firm up
• serve with some crunchy bread