I love lemons! I use them a lot in my cooking, in sweets, sauces, drinks and dressings.
Actually the first thing I do, when I wake up in the morning, is to drink hot water and lemon.
It has become a ritual for me and I feel as if my body gets a big scrub on the inside.
Lemons come in all shapes and sizes. There are thick skinned, thin skinned, rough and smooth skinned varieties.
I make these preserved lemons with fresh fennel seed. What I like about this recipe is that you can use it straight away!
• 3 organic lemons ( I like the Meyer variety)
• 2 tablespoons of coarse salt
• 1 chilli, chopped
• 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 fresh bay leaf
• fresh fennel seeds pulled off their stalks
• cut the lemons in half, then slice thinly
• mix all the ingredients …. et voilá!