Halloween is around the corner.
Samson, my grandson, has applied his artistic skills in carving the hollowed little pumpkins. Ah so clever!!!
I am going to make a pumpkin soup.
• preheat the oven 180˚
• cut the tops off the pumpkins
• add a little olive oil and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes
• let them cool just enough to be able to handel them
• scoop out the flesh, discarding the seeds
• slice 3 young leeks and gently cook them in a little oil and butter
• 5-8 fresh sage leaves
• a piece of grated fresh ginger
• add the roasted pumpkin flesh
• 2 liter of good chicken- or vegetable stock
• cook everything for about 15 minutes
• with your kitchen wizz, wizz the pumpkin into a fine pureé
• taste for salt and pepper
• fill the individual pumpkin shells with the hot soup
• add a leaf of fresh basil
• a spoon of fresh full cream ( optional)
• serve with some crunchy sour dough bread