At the moment I have an abundance of pumpkins! They are growing in profusion in my ‘orto’.
I have also discovered this hazelnut farm outside Bermagui, ‘Imlay Nuts’, who produces the best hazelnuts, so full of flavour and oil. So why not combine the two? The result was delicious!!
• pre heat the oven to 200˚
• take a pumpkin (looks like a sculpture!!)
• make some thin slices
• add a little olive oil to the sliced pumpkin
• bake in the oven until until tender and lightly coloured
• sprinkle some salt and pepper over the pumpkin
• in a fry pan melt some unsalted butter
• when it bubbles, add fresh sage
• 2 big handful of roughly chopped hazelnuts
• fry them for a few minutes
• pour over pumpkin
• so so simple but so full of flavour!!