I am super excited as my book ‘ Pardiz’ has been released in the bookshops today!!
I thought I might write about sabzi khordan, a salad that is indispensable to any Persian meal.
Sabzi is a mass of fresh herbs, the leaves pretty much left whole, arranged on a big platter. I like to put these wonderfully fragrant herbs in the middle of the table and let the guests use the herbs as they like, adding them to the various dishes.
• I am raiding my vegetable garden
• Italian parsley, oregano
• chives, basilico
• mint and radishes
• coriander, use any herbs you love
• add a dish of panir or Persian feta and serve some naan, Persian flatbread
• I also set a dish with walnuts on the table
• you take some herbs, panir, walnut and wrap it in the flat bread
• pop it in your mouth…. so simple but too delicious for words!