Today is Samson’s tenth birthday! I can not believe how all grown up he is.
Tesoro mio don’t hurry too much, stay a child as long as possible! It is the best time.
He asked me to make some biscuits to take to his school. At Montessori school they have beautiful traditions that they celebrate with the birthday child.
I made these very healthy, delicious biscuits, that keep their shapes.
• pre heat the oven 180˚
• 250 gr organic spelt flour
• 130 gr unbleached organic plain flour
• 130 gr coconut sugar
• a pinch of salt
• 2 tablespoons coconut butter
• 150 gr unsalted butter, cut into little cubes
• 1 organic egg
• mix all the above ingredients in your mixer
• when the dough gets to a crumbly consistency, pour it on to a baking paper
• roll the dough into a ball
• between to baking paper sheets, roll the dough out with a rolling pin
• the thickness should be 1 cm
• now cut out shapes and arrange them on a baking tray, lined with baking paper
• refrigerate for about 30 minutes
• then bake in pre heated oven for about 20 – 25 minutes
• let the biscuits cool on a biscuit rack
• I like using coconut sugar, as it makes little speckles in the biscuits
• you can decorate the biscuits
• 1/3 cup of icing sugar
• a few drops of lemon juice
• with this recipe I made about 70 biscuits