This recipe is for you Felix!!
I have slightly changed my original recipe for Crown cake, to adapt it to todays very hot weather.
It was a glorious day but the temperature was 35˚. I made this ‘Summer Crown Cake’ for afternoon tea.
This cake has a light crust and is super moist on the inside. I made cardamon tea to drink with the cake. The Indians say on hot days drink cardamon tea. Cardamon is considered the Queen of spices, (pepper being the King). Cardamon is great for your digestion, sweetens your breath and makes you feel good all around.
• pre heat the oven 180˚
• 200 gr unsalted butter at room temperature
• 180 gr rapadura sugar
• 150 gr activated buckwheat, whizzed a few minutes in your magi mix, it should still be grainy
• 2 organic eggs
• 180 gr ground almonds
• 100 ml plain greek yogurt
• zest of 1 organic lemon
• 8 cardamon pods, shelled and ground
• 2 teaspoon baking powder
• a pinch of salt
• beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
• add the eggs, continue beating
• now add the dry ingredients and the yogurt
• beat until all is well amalgamated, but do not over beat the mixture
• butter a ‘Gugelhopf’ baking tin
• pour in the mixture
• bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes
• when inserting the knife it should come out clean
• let the cake cool before you turn it out