On Tuesday 21 of October, we are having a special dinner at ‘Bei Amici’ Restaurant. The theme will be Puglia, a region in the very south of Italy.
In June this year, I visited the Salento region of Puglia, the very bottom of the heel of Italy. I was astounded by the beauty of this region, the people and the wonderful food.
Felix (the chef and owner of ‘Bei Amici’) and I often organise these special evenings, where I design the menu and Felix prepares the food.
The guests get to experience and taste dishes from areas they might not have known before. It is always a wonderful and lively evening. The food just keeps arriving on the long table, the conviviality is great.
The menu will be:
• Fritelle di ceci (chick pea fritters)
• Cozze alla Leccese (mussels Lecce style)
• Polipo in umido (octopus braised with tomatoes)
• Alici (marinated sardines)
As a first:
• Orechiette con broccolini (pasta served with a broccolini sauce)
As a main:
• Agnello al forno con patate (braised lamb with potatoes)
• Isalata di radicchio e finocchio (radicchio and fennel salad)
• Gelato alla ricotta (Almond and Limoncello sweet pies with ricotta ice cream)
• Limoncello liqueur
I hope you will come and experience an evening in Puglia. Call Bei Amici for reservations: 9328 0305