Today a friend dropped in unannounced and it was just lunch time, so I asked him to stay for lunch. I made this egg dish, which is super easy and usually one has the ingredients in the fridge.
You will need an oven proof ramekin per person.
The recipe below is for one person.
• pre-heat oven to 200˚
• 2 organic eggs
• 1 leak or 1/2 a Spanish onion
• 2 tablespoon of pure cream
• grated Gruyère cheese or any strong cheese
• 2 pieces of pancetta, bacon or prosciutto
• a handful of spinach
• salt and pepper
• a little olive oil and a knob of butter
• slice the leek and cook it gently in a little olive oil until soft and sweet
• add the pancetta
• cook for a few more minutes
• then add the spinach, just heat it through
• add salt and pepper
• butter the ramekin
• add the leek, pancetta spinach mixture
• break 2 eggs carefully on top of the mixture
• now the cream
• as last thing the grated cheese
• bake in the preheated oven for about 6 minutes.
• the top should be golden but the egg yolk still runny
• serve some crunchy bread with it
I also made a ruggula and fennel salad with a lemon and olive oil dressing
With this dish you can use your imagination. If you do not have the spinach, you can add other vegetables of your choice.