My brother Luca and Gabi live in a most beautiful and romantic part of Lazio in Italy. Their house is in the country side, surrounded by olives and fruit trees. As Luca is a n artist, there are paintings, sculptures and artworks wherever you look. It is such a special place and they made it look and feel incredible!
This is the front of the house, with a wonderful loggia that gets filled with sunshine in the late afternoon.
The very generous terrace, covered by a vine. There are pots with seedlings, cactus and flowers every where. Gabi has a fantastic vegetable garden and grows all the seedlings her self!
Luca, il maestro, in his studio! He transformed an old hey barn into a magnificent studio, with the light pouring in on all sides. He is such a wonderful, creative person!
A little detail of his studio. I love the ‘tower’ of paint.
The evening we arrived at their home, Gabi prepared a very simple, but so delicious meal.
• she sliced some potatoes very thinly
• arranged them in a lightly oiled oven dish
• salted and peppered the potatoes
• then spread the asparagus on top or the potatoes
• a few cloves of black garlic, very thinly sliced to finish
• she put the dish in a pre heated oven, 180˚ for about 20 minutes
Here is Gabi with the finished dish, Lulic, their beautiful dog giving it an approving look
• a little sprinkle of parmiggiano and a few drops of their own, delicious olive oil to finish the dish
We had such wonderful few days.
Grazie mille, mille Luca e Gabi xxx