I have called this dish ‘ Spring veal’, because it is so light and fresh and a perfect dish for a spring lunch or dinner. I had some veal left over from my ‘Vitello tonnato’, so I decided to experiment.
What started this dish was that I found some fresh horseradish at the market!
• slice the cooked veal very thin and arrange it on a plate
• chop some fresh Italian parsley
• shallots, gherkins,a small handful of toasted pistachio
• grate some fresh horseradish over the dish
make a vinaigrette with:
• french mustard
• red wine vinegar
• salt and a pinch of sugar
• virgin olive oil
• pour it over the veal
As an accompaniment I made a salad with radicchio, ruggula and fennel. It really tasted so light and fragrant and the sharpness of the horseradish was perfect!