To me Christmas is not compete, without a Waldorf salad.
Since I was a little girl, my Mamma always made a Waldorf salad on Christmas day, a perfect marriage with turkey! The colours also are so festive.
• calculate about one red apple per person
• dice the apple
• 1-2 celery sticks per person, sliced
• 10 gr pecan or walnuts per person , toasted
• 1 tablespoon homemade mayonnaise, per person( recipe in recipe section)
• squeeze a lemon in a large bowl and add the diced apples
• this will prevent the apples to go brown
• add the rest of the ingredients and mix through
• taste for salt and pepper
• this is such a simple recipe but for me a must on Christmas day